- August 8th First visit to Fine Music 102.FM
- Spoke at length with Station Manager Liz Terracini and Program Director Steve Marc about my research project and effectively what my study is about. Further discussion about expectations and what I hope to achieve through a professional practice research, to be undertaken at Fine Music 102.5 FM
- I have been summoned to work on a live broadcast for Fine Music FM on August 30th
- Details of the ensemble to be recorded are yet to be confirmed
Dual radio channel (conventional radio and digital radio)
- Monday –Friday between the hours 12pm-4pm the line is split: meaning there are two simultaneous broadcasting streams in motion (alternate programming)
- Playlist uses a program called Netia to assemble playlist and window of opportunity intro
- There are 290 volunteers that work at Fine Music FM 102.5
- I will undertake the research led project every Friday from the 15th August
- My first investigation commences on Friday 15th August at 9:30am
NETIA- radio automation software
This software tool is used to assist radio programmers when compiling a specific playlist or program.
Fine Music FM Program Director Steve-Marc Mculloch explains how Netia works in the studio.